Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Why I chose Marxist Lens


I originally was really interested in the race and culture lens but I wanted to challenge myself a bit more. I chose Marxist lens because in some ways it still incorporates race and culture but also brings more ideas when reading a story. I have studied and passed the critical lenses playlist so i’m fairly if not really familiar with the Marxist lens. I believe that I would be great in identifying some of the power struggles that characters faced during the timeline. Some other lenses that I was considering on doing was the race and culture lens because it looked really interesting especially when reading beloved which takes place during a really racist time. I’m hoping that by the end of this project I would have a new reading skill that involves being able to interpret a reading from a marxist lens.

Figure below shows the playa Karl Marx

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow good job on challenging yourself in this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how about you read pass page 10 then we can talk specifics m8

      Delete
  4. Good Job Hugo. It's interesting to know why you chose this lens. It's intriguing. Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete